The "Original" Lebanon Farmers Market Story

Lebanon Market

Welcome to the Market House, home to Niko's and the Lebanon Farmers Market. The long and varied history of this location precedes even the construction of the Market House in 1892. This was the site of the former Lebanon County Jail that will be forever connected with the story of the Blue Eyed Six.


In the 1870's the small town of Lebanon made national news with the infamous murder case of the Blue Eyed Six. This famous trial lasted for nearly 6 months and ended with the courtyard hanging of five of the Blue Eyed Six on this very property. Fire destroyed the structure just a few years later. Keep your eyes open because there may be more spirits in this building than can be found in Niko's lounge!


After the fiery destruction of the Lebanon County Jail, construction began on the Market House. In 1892 after nearly a two-year construction process the Lebanon Farmers Market was dedicated. Lebanon's new market place was the place to be and be seen with all the ingredients for your favorite weekly meals. Chickens, fresh produce, eggs, beef and milk were easily available and farm fresh at the Lebanon Market since it was one of the first places in Lebanon County to offer cold storage and refrigeration.


In addition to the farmers market, the Market House has been occupied by a varied tenant list over the years. From the Lebanon Family Theatre featuring almost daily Vaudeville performances in the early days to being the home of the Crestview Secretarial School in the 1950s, the Market House has been home to many enterprises. But its longest tenant was the S. Kantor Sewing Company that operated in the building from the 1930s until just a few years ago. Lebanon had over 60 sewing factories at one time, but the S. Kantor Company remained strong despite foreign competition and still operates today in another location. Over the years, the S. Kantor Company was responsible for over 10,000 Lebanon jobs and is one of Lebanon's only remaining sewing companies. Other tenants have included Parry Printing and the Lebanon Stamp and Coin.


The Farmers Market operated continuously at this location until the mid 1960s when it closed due to expansion of the sewing factory. In 2003, Lebanon Landmarks, Inc. owned by Bill Kolovani purchased the Market House as part of a downtown revitalization plan with the dream to return the Farmers Market to its original home right here.


The Farmers Market has returned to its original home in the beautifully restored Market House that is once again the place to see and be seen!


Lebanon Farmers Market


Market Hours

Thursday & Friday: 8:00AM - 7:00PM
Saturday: 7:00AM - 3:00PM


Market Vendor List

Amish Family Recipes
Bohemia Bagel

Bohemia Dried Fruit & Nut

Blue Ribbon Pet Bakery

Carmany's Double Twist
The Chili Dog
Barb & Suzi's Family Deli
The Gourmet's Pantry
Hi-Way Meats
Keener Poultry

JP's Fine Meats, Cheeses & Produce

Blue Heron FD
The Market House Bakery
Moon Dancer Winery
Minnich's Produce
Extra Special Inc
Grandma's Country Kitchen
Pasta Fresca
The Pretzel Twist
Sphinx Cuisine
S. Clyde Weaver
Smokestack Lightning BBQ
Soup Thyme
Spanish Flair
Stella Blue
The Sweet Tooth

Zig's Bakery